Cane needed

• Thank you received: 30

Cane needed was created by Doddster

Stay with me here:

While at the orthopedic doctor today I received the news that, at the age of 52, I have the right knee of an 80 year old man. I have lived life to the full, played hard and rough, was undefeated for 2 years as a heavyweight class wrestler in my state (Yeah! I'm bragging!! I am proud of that accomplishment!!!), had my fair share of knee and leg injuries, including a motorcycle accident that almost resulted in having my right leg amputated but didn't (thankfully!), and now time, weight, age and arthritis has taken their toll.

I am thinking of starting a wooden cane collection, preferably Oak, Cedar, Maple, or some other kind of exotic hardwoods. It occurred to me that a custom carved cane with my gamer name, Loremaster title, Clan name and logo with a current roster of players and Keshik members, and even my personal crest which Scorescream made for me would make a beautiful looking cane stained in Clan Widowmaker colors of Black and Red would be a nice momento to have and a fantastic conversation starter!!! I need to win a Bloodname to complete the design and add that final splash of distinction!!!!

Does anyone in the Clan know of someone or somewhere I can have something like this commissioned? I would need someone to design it (SCORESCREAM (COUGH!)) and then someone to carve it.

If you know of anyone please post their contact information here for me.

Thanks
12 Feb 2019 19:51 #9996

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Lilferret on topic Cane needed

Unfortunately I don't know anyone that does custom canes.

I'll ask around a little as I know some wood workers who may know carvers.
03 Mar 2019 07:28 #10001

• Thank you received: 47

Replied by Blackster on topic Cane needed

Doddster, you are only a year ahead of me and I too have some aches and pains that need attention but nothing such as that knee! So sorry to hear, time to get some nice canes, mage! Make sure they are magical, with at least +3 to some key attributes!
eB
Great spirits always encounter violent opposition from the mediocre mind. (Albert Einstein)
25 Mar 2019 12:56 #10011

• Thank you received: 53

Replied by Owl Hoot on topic Cane needed

Sorry to hear about your knee Doddster. I find mine are not treating me too well at the tender young age of 55. If I see any interesting canes or know of someone that makes custom ones I will be sure to let you know. Take care mate.
Last edit: 31 Mar 2019 03:42 by Owl Hoot.
31 Mar 2019 03:39 #10014

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by mitchoor on topic Cane needed

I cannot carve, i can design, but i was ale to find something i have looked into personally,
Natural Twisted Canes....
www.amazon.com/Trekking-Hiking-Handcraft...5XYF14KRZQQ8PP84Z174
or
canescanada.com/Wood-Canes_c_150.html
or
www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cold-Steel-Blackthor...0:g:fl8AAOSw7GBeosJ9
03 Jul 2020 00:58 #10048

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds